Inspiration

I love lighting that is unique and captures the imagination. Inspired by vintage styles, yet imitating the looks of today, are what my lamps are about. Giving a room the focal point it deserves while staying original.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vintage or New?



I love some of the new products that are available..like the filament Edison inspired, squirrel-cage light bulbs. These light bulbs give such an authentic, vintage look to any light fixture.
A client sent me the picture below with the variety of true vintage pendant lights. She asked me to create a similiar looking pendant.
So, here's my design. I'm often hesitant to use the new rayon, twisted wire that is available because with a glass shade you're beginning to add weight. And that can be dangerous as the twisted wire is not U.L. listed. So I stayed with the black pendant wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment